Saturday, July 19, 2008

Partners inc.

"Michael" I said stretching my hands to the guy oppsite to me.He was a bit tall,clean shaven with his hair trimmed properly.His eyes were piercing and had some sort of fire in them.
"Jimmy" he said shaking my hand.Wonder from where people rechristen themeselves like this.Names like Jimmy , Tommy are meant for dogs or pets in a broader prespective.
" JuJu told me about you.He has kind of vouched for you,lets say.So how much can you push?"offering me a cigarette which I accepted.
Is this group supposed to be the mafia or some sort of veterinary operation gang.Juju ?He must have felt like a dog throughout his life.
"Around a kilo a week to begin with.Maruijiana preferably.If that is O.K. with you ofcourse" I said keeping face impassive.Unemoted face can be a major asset when you were dealing with people like these.
" One Kilo?Thats cool with me."he said ,signalling the guy to get the stuff for me.I adjusted myself in the chair and took a deep puff.It was my moment of reckoning afterall.
The packet arrived and I welcomed it with both hands,trying hard to hide my excitement.
" Ill get back to you in a few weeks I guess"stretching out my hands.It was going to be a long partnership afterall..

No comments: