Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All in a day's work!

The worst part of being on a high is the landing part.Thud!!All the bottomless wells,the endless seas and the angel with the wings carrying you up end and it takes around 15 minutes to realize that you were born human!I dragged myself to the washroom to clean up and boy ! I was looking Fu**ed up! I could feel my stomach barking and I searched the house frantically for left overs ,hoping that I would outsmart the rats in the hunt.I mustered up enough energy to get ready for another days' work.

9.30 am,

I helped myself to a copy of the "Indian Express".Yes , I am a thief,but a literate one though.After all , there were Bigger thieves out there,only difference they are licensed and I wasn't.And they wipe out the earnings of a billion people,I restrict myself to a negligable % of the lot.Like the Pulitzer's for the authors,Oscars for the actors,it was Politics for the Robbers.Like all faithful students,I aspired to be one among them!.
I boarded the train , and looked at the hour's probables.Hell Yeah! There were a few of them and I decided to pull up the oldest trick of them all.For a crowded city like Mumbai,I always wondered what's wrong with the people.How on earth do I stumble across a minimum of 10 people everyday carrying the same VIP alpha suitcase?(Yeah,the grey coloured ones,they show on ads).And one thing I love in the city ,are the crowded trains.They make your job simple and opens up a window of Oppurtunities!I zeroed in on my Kill,(like a murderer) kept my suitcase beside his and waited for the stop to arrive.As always there was a sea of people entering the train.There was a lot of pushing and pulling(Like in the 'd' box during a freekick:) ) and I decided to cash in on my oppurtune moment.I completed the switch and got out with the crowd.The even better part of Mumbai was the crowds never reduced !

4 comments:

Vivek Parthasarathy said...

VIP theme song plays :)

Michael is a literate part-time robber. Viable career option! :P

Anerudh Balaji said...

extremely handy.Considering that in case Software sector sinks again!

Akshay said...

Pulitzer's for the authors,Oscars for the actors,it was Politics for the Robbers.


excellent line!!

Anerudh Balaji said...

@ dumbo.

thank yu :D