Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Inside the mind....

I continued to walk rather rapidly,yet composed manner to avoid any suspicions.Holding the suitcase tightly in one hand,I decided to take a puff.The smoke was helping me cool down and wash out any signs of nervousness.The case was pretty heavy and I was hoping I had struck something big.I caught a bus , and just for the sake of tradition(Tradition alone),took two wallets into my custody.Good old times rock baby!Of late, I had stepped on the gas a little bit,and was sure that if i continue in the same path,I would have a tag round my neck that said"SUITCASE SNATCHER" like "BISCUIT BANDITS".I hate being stereotyped, hence kept switching lines often.There was no BIBLE in this profession,yet there were certain minimum tasks that you had to complete like say, flicking wallets before you move on to bigger things..It was like learning alphabets before words.Not a theorem,but an axiom.!I was an amateur in this profession,I had to admit it,yet I was moving gradually up the ranks."This is for my company"I said to myself.What a lie that turned out to be!That was two weeks earlier.And after that , 2800 rupees in cash,two credit cards,four pounds of gold,three of silver and seven wrist watches.Hell! I have a market out here!!

Mankind has always fallen prey to greed.History is filled with examples,yet we never learn!I was no different,justifying the fact that I was a homosapien!

I took the last turn and almost by impulse my leg stopped .The shop was drawing me towards it! Damn..It doesn't hurt to try..Does it??I opened my apartment door, sat down and opened my suitcase.....

It was full of White powder.

2 comments:

Vivek Parthasarathy said...

White powder?... chalk? or coke?

Michael should definitely consider settling down. He's nicked a LOT already!

Anerudh Balaji said...

there isn't any pension or VRS in this!!!