Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Stop @ the shop

"Dada,ek cigarette packet dho " I told with my broken hindi(Give me two cigaratees).."Kaunsa Brand" came the reply..."Silk cut"I blurted..Well bigger brands would burn a hole in my wallet,rather set it on fire.. I was lighting the cigarette , man came to the shop and whispered to the old man for something in Marathi. ..I was reading him ,brown hair,black eyes , ruffled hair.I could guess he was in his late 30's. I took out the cigarette from my mouth @ which point came a packet filled with a white substance which took me by complete surprise..Surely,not!!

He left rather hurriedly and I asked the shop keeper for the same thing.I managed to tell him with my S!@t hindi that I wanted the same.He was a little cautious , but I assured him I was in no way related to the cops.In fact I hate them(hey! i am a robber!).I stuffed it into my pocket and rushed to my home..

@ Apartment..(E) Malad , Mumbai....

I opened the packet and observed it.(.Maybe I should try it..Maybe Not..Common trying is not gonna hurt..Besides life is meant for experimenting.)I was utterly confused and missed my gray matter dearly....Divided between the two opinions,I decided to try..Experimenting,is afterall the essence of science..And we live in a world of Science...
I emptied its contents on a paper....I poured the tobacco from the cigarette and filled it with the powder....I lit it up and inhaled.......It was a feeling of floating in mid air...All my problems seemed to vanish in thin air..And there I was shining amongst the stars,intoxicated.I was sinking into a bottomless well....

8 comments:

Shailesh S said...

wow
this one is just superb
very metaphorical

Anerudh Balaji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anerudh Balaji said...

Thank yu..Metamorphic:D.will try to give more of that

Vivek Parthasarathy said...

Glorifying drug use? :P What's next? Rehab? ;)

It reads well :)

Anerudh Balaji said...

@ vivek,
Glorification.HELL NO!.Highlighting the emotional point of view, not the "DO DRUGS, ENJOY LIFE" part..wait for the next installment :D

Vivek Parthasarathy said...

Hmmm I see... Looking forward to the next post :)

SHANKY said...

bhai ab started wid drugs also....nahiiiiiiiiii

but a b'ful piece of imagination ya!!

Anerudh Balaji said...

@ shankaranch,

yeah man!! no other choice!!!