Friday, June 20, 2008

The Apartment

The Sun was preparing to bid adieu to the town of Mumbai ..I was taking a break from my hectic schedule (Hell , its a mind blowing profession) ..Cigarettes weren't my favourites ,but i had no other better work to do,so decided to create a few rings up the air..I had become accustomed to the smoke drilling through my throat and nose .It isn't what you exactly call intoxicating,yet it managed to make a person beg for more.
I started for my place,that was not exactly in the best of locales,yet there was something about it,which made me take the apartment.It was on the second floor,in the slums of Mumbai , dimly lit and with such a serene atmosphere that you could hear the clock ticking every second...

Maybe it was the isolation which had appealed to me or the darkness or maybe both.Whatever it was, I had managed to rent a decent(so called Decent) apartment on my own,with "MY" money.

I strolled through the slums listening to the screams of women in the neighbourhood screeching at their children , and the men snoring along the platform.It was yet another day in the lives of these people,a happy family they were,poor yet contended...

Greed had set inside me.The lust for money was larger than ever now...Satisfaction was becoming a peak too high to scale..I was prepared to risk my life to earn that extra penny more,and I could sense the change..

No comments: